Monday, May 4, 2020

Stories of influence

Don't wait to take care of your health. Don't wait until January 1st! Take actions today. One small step at a time in the right direction.

My husband went to the ER last week on Tuesay night. He was having intense abdominal pain for about 2 days. We did contact a wellness center and got medications. But at midnight, his pain was just too intense. Whether or not he manifested them finding "nothing wrong", that's what happened after a blood test, ultrasound, and CT scan.

We got to the ER around 12:30 AM. He got admitted right away. WIth it being covid-19... we both had to wear a mask. I was resistant, but being where I was, I didn't have a choice. My husband was mentally our of it because of the pain he had been having. So I was left caring for the kids and my husband. and all the things while maintaining a business.

We went into the ER room. It was cold in there. And the walls were stark white. They started him on an IV right away. He super dehydrated beause he feared eating and drinking during the day for fear of the pain. Had I realized this, I would have forced him to take sips. He used up all the fluids from the IV. THey gave him morphine and zofran for the nausea. It gave his mouth a metallic taste. The nurse who did the blood test after that so quick with it. It was fascinating to watch really.

They did an ultrasound and didn't see anything. But it was interesting how all of a sudden, C became aware of his own body. Then we went back to the room and got really sleepy. They did a CT scan. and nothing. They sent us home at 3 AM with no results. That for me frustrating because it was only according what the machines said. He was "fine". Clearly he wasn't fine. Clearly, something was wrong. That's why I love energy medicine. Because it can help to see what is actually going on and improve your health little little by little.

His ER bill came out to $9747.24. Our portion is $1227.69. Its worth it to spend a little extra money to take care of your health! On organic foods, massages, accupuncture, energy work, exercise passes. It's worth it to take time to exercise and make nourishing meals. Its worth it to get outside and connect to nature. It's worth it to do the inner work so you are more stable and happy emotionally and healthier physically!

Creighton almost lives off of pizza, ice cream, candies, and whatever else his cravings want. But there are consequences when we don't deal with our emotional stuff and emotionally eat! So if you reading this, learn this now: its better take care of you now so you don't have to pay the consequences later.

Don't break your own boundaries:

Have you felt like you needed to take care of you? And you felt like you couldn't? Or you chose not to because it felt inconvenient?  I have felt like this a lot in my life. especially as a mother. My most recent example is from Saturday. I had planned for 2 weeks to do a zoom call with other writers- I am writing a book! EEK! SO Saturday rolls around. We do our family stuff. We did a fun hike. We came home. C rested while I played with the kids and made dinner. That lead to clean-up and bedtime. Bed time was not going well. My kids just wanted to be awake. And they were so cute and silly, but MOMMY needed for mommy. So I kinda lost it my kids. Well.. 7 rolls around. I finally got to the call at 7:30. River was in my room and he got his fingers pinched and internally I lost it. I imploded and told my husband I was feeling unsupported. He already wasnt feeling great, I felt angry and frustrated and upset. That I couldn't even get myself to go back onto the call. I was so upset. I gave up. I gave into the beleif I couldn't do it tonight.

I broke my own boundry. not my husband. Not my kids. ME. Not granted there are many times where we don't have a choice. I did this time. I could have asked my husband to help. But I didn't. And the emotions stacked up. I then felt discouraged and depressed. Set a boundary for your self care and do it. You will feel so much better.

On the other hand,
Saturday morning, I went to go exercise with Rachel. And it felt glorious. The sun was out. It was warm! And cool! and fun! It still wasn't easy to get out of my house. My bbaby wanted me. My daughter wanted to come. I got my kids breakfast. It felt really hard just to get out and do it. and it would have been easier to not go. But I knew that by doing it, I would feel better. And as result, create more happiness in my home.

Also, on Thursday, I knew C needed to go to his mom's house. There, he could rest and relax. and I could rest and relax. He was playing the victim mostly bc he didn't feel good. But when he left, I was able to get my house in order. I had a girls evening with my cooking club friend. RAchel came over we had kambucha and chocolate. And we geeked on rocks and just talked. It felt so amazing. An I felt revived. restored. I felt like ME again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment